What's In the Box?
- Anchor Winch with gearbox
- Top Works
- Chainwheel suits both chain and rope
- Dual direction solenoid (included)
- Emergency crank/clutch release handle (included)
- Owners Installation manual with
- deck template,
- wiring instructions and
- installation instructions.
You will also need:
- A correctly sized, circuit breaker and either two deck switches, and/or a panel up/down switch.
- I strongly recommend using the Maxwell matched rope chain kit, as it transitions smoothly from the soft splice rope to chain, and, the chain wheel (gypsy) grips this rope very well. Plus, it is best of both worlds having chain (which doesn't chafe) near the anchor, and strong 8 plait rope (which is much lighter) for the rest.
- (See Related Products shown below)
- Browse the "Anchor Winch Electrical Accessories" category of this website for additional optional accessories such as remote controls and anchor chain counters.
- Browse the "Additional Hardware Accessories" for items such as snubbers - (see the left hand menu).
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or alternative snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. the chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.